“At that time most schools in the various regions remained open but in some areas (Peel, Wellington Dufferin Guelph and Toronto) local Medical Officers of Health have initiated public health orders to move students to remote learning.
The local Medical Officer of Health Dr. Miriam Klassen has not informed us of any plans to do the same in Huron and Perth. However as you are well aware, the Covid-19 situation is constantly evolving and we need to be prepared if changes should occur.
Community transmission drives school transmission so if our community cases start to increase, so will our school cases. The best thing that we can do is continue to practice public health measures to prevent the spread of this virus.
Please continue to:
- Screen before you go! Use the Ontario School Screening Tool every day before sending your child to school (Confirmation of the screening must be completed each day beginning Monday, April 19th. More details to come)
- Practice public health measures outside of school
- Stay home as much as possible
- Limit close contact to your household (people you live with) and stay 2 meters apart from everyone else
- Limit trips outside the home to necessities
- Stay home if you have symptoms even if mild
- Stay 2 meters apart from people you don’t live with
- Wear a mask or face covering in indoor spaces or anytime when physical distancing is not possible”
View the full text of the letter here: