Site icon The Ranch 100.1 FM

BRA Reminding Residents to Not Throw Batteries in Garbage Bins

The Bluewater Recycling Association is reminding residents of items to not be throwing into their garbage bins for collection.

An incident from a few weeks ago occurred with $20,000 in truck damage when disposal vape sticks were thrown in the garbage bin.

The BRA says batteries and other flammable material must not be put in the garbage for collection. The vape battery exploded while in the truck and caused a fire.

The driver of the truck noticed this as a fire broke out and was able to call the fire department and deal with the blaze without any serious injuries occurring.

The BRA says flammable material should be dropped off at your local landfill or taken to a hazardous waste depot.

Exit mobile version